Breaking News: Bree goes fuckin' nuts, smiles with eyes.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Breaking News: Bree goes fuckin' nuts, smiles with eyes. - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News: Bree goes fuckin' nuts, smiles with eyes.

Post  Cowboy Breebop on Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:08 pm

I dunno, I find it's true, at least from my experience.
I figured everyone would make a big deal about it, just because he died and everything. However, I do feel like his praise is EXTREMELY deserved. I can't find one thing wrong with his role. I find in Jack Nicholson's Joker, it's distinctly Jack Nicholson. In Captain Jack Sparrow (in my opinion, the most overrated character in the history of modern Hollywood cinema) you see distinct Jonny Depp tendencies. Even in Gene Wilder's Willy Wonka, there's the distinct Gene Wilder schtic. If you compare the Joker to Ennis in Brokeback, well... you really can't. It's like two different people. That was what was fascinating about the whole thing.
Plus, TDK was a superb movie, so it was all wrapped up in a very nice package.

Admin

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-12-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Breaking News: Bree goes fuckin' nuts, smiles with eyes. - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News: Bree goes fuckin' nuts, smiles with eyes.

Post  ballardmerross on Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:10 pm

I personally am not a Heath Ledger Fan, but his PERFORMANCE in THE DARK KNIGHT, was FUCKING AWESOME! Seriously, I really couldn't believe it was Heath, I was hoping he would even get an oscar! I LOVE HEATH LEDGER now because of his role as the JOKER!

ballardmerross

Number of posts : 686
Registration date : 2009-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MikielJoe on Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:13 pm

See I feel like these are all recycled arguments that people are getting off some website. I don't understand the notion of comparing a previous role of an actor to a role in another film. It just seems ludicrous to me. Two different characters, two different styles of acting. Of course you wouldn't see any similiarity :/
MikielJoe
MikielJoe

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2008-12-31

View user profile http://myspace.com/unwanted_heart

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Breebop on Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:20 pm

Look at it this way: Jim Carey in 'Yes Man' vs. Jim Carey in 'The Truman Show.' Different styles, yes. But it's the same actor - and it's not just because he doesn't have a face full of prosthetic scars and crazy makeup. A lot of actors, particularly those who have been around as long as Heath Ledger, develop a distinct schtic or stay particular to a certian style, including speech, mannerisms, and voice. Heath Ledger has ALWAYS been good for not simply recycling his previous roles, as he went through a phase where he'd DELIBERATELY pick roles which were completely different from one another. That was simply exemplified in his Joker performance. I don't know if anyone else could have pulled it off, but unfortunately, we don't live in the kind of world where we can rewind and see what it would have been like if Sean Penn took the role.

Really Mikiel, I think you might just be in the "disagreeing for the sake of rebelling against the popular opinion" state of mind, because even the most negative reviewers of TDK praised the man's performance.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy on Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:34 pm

MikielJoe wrote:See I feel like these are all recycled arguments that people are getting off some website. I don't understand the notion of comparing a previous role of an actor to a role in another film. It just seems ludicrous to me. Two different characters, two different styles of acting. Of course you wouldn't see any similiarity :/

someone's getting the bitch edit if there's a recap for this week.

Heath Ledger's death was sad, though I became REALLY annoyed when people posted bulletins talking about him as if they knew him. i didn't like Batman Begins, but i'd heard fantastic things about The Dark Knight.
Heath Ledger is the only good thing about that movie.
his performance probably would've been overlooked if he hadn't died, but that doesn't make him any less deserving of his awards. he did Jack Nicholson proud.

but i would still take Tim Burton's 2 Batman films over BB and TDK any day.
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Number of posts : 1303

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/standupmotherfucker

Back to top Go down

Post  Jilpen on Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:01 pm

Are you sure you're not Jena Malone?
Jilpen
Jilpen

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2009-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Breebop on Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:05 pm

I wish I were.
Saved = <3

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy on Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:52 pm

Bree-lin' in the Years wrote:I wish I were.
Saved = <3

i know what you're looking at Mary. and so does Jesus.
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Breebop on Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:51 pm

"Daddy hasn't stopped drinking yet, but I know you're working on it..."

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AdultCookies on Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:20 pm

mah pussah is a hottah pussah

Admin

Number of posts : 1744

View user profile http://pankocholofresa.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ElectricJeraldoAcidTest on Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:15 pm

The muffin shop is closed! No more muffins for you.
ElectricJeraldoAcidTest
ElectricJeraldoAcidTest

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-12-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Breebop on Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:27 pm

*wheelchair-dances for food*

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy on Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:22 am

"what are you supposed to be?"
"a roller skate"
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jilpen on Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:20 am

"PLEASE BE CANCER. PLEASE BE CANCER. PLEASE BE CANCER."
Jilpen
Jilpen

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2009-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2