My asshat superior cousin needs to mind her own damn business.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My asshat superior cousin needs to mind her own damn business.

Post  Cowboy Breebop on Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:11 am

I'm the youngest of all my cousins on my mom's side, but two of my cousins, Kiersten and Caelen (sisters, who are thirty-one and twenty-eight respectively) really are so opinionated. They have very strong opinions. I do, too, but I understand that people don't always want/need to hear mine. They've always been really bad for that. Like when my Grandma, a devout Catholic, died, her funeral did not have a eulogy because in old-school Catholicism that is not typical/appropriate, but she had a really beautiful homilee. Kiersten and Caelen are Protestant and therefore had to let everyone know that they were "offended" that they didn't have an emotional eulogy and thought that they should have had a non-denominational ceremony. Um, GRANDMA was Catholic, so she gets a Catholic funeral. The Atheist (me) liked it, so the Protestants can like it.
Kiersten is also a doctor and also needs to constantly let everyone know her medical opinion on everything, and tell everyone how to live their lives in a really accusing and condescending way. When my sister was in high school, she dressed a bit funky (I and my mom thought it was cute) but Kiersten kept saying she was goth and looked like a "drug-user." SO RUDE.
Her most recent means of judging me has been through Facebook - she added me when I first got my account, and if I "de-friended" her all Hell would break loose, so I can't do that. Anyway, she scrutinizes everything I do/post on Facebook, as if she completely forgets she was young once. And I'm not even THAT wild. She sent the whole family my Jeffree Star pictures and said she thought I was a "drug-user" (original there, cuz), gave me a speech about posting a video of my friends spraypainting a bridge (I wasn't even THERE for the video, it was just on my camera), and then told me I had a lot of balls (in a bad way) to post pictures of myself drinking on Facebook when my mom was on my Facebook. HIlariously enough, my mom was right there, and she was like "I don't care, Bree is eighteen, she can drink if she wants."
Anyway, today I got some very shocking news - my grade eight science teacher, Ms. Watt, passed away. I had no idea she had cancer, or that she was so young - thirty-one, making her twenty-five when she taught me. Ms. Watt was a really wonderful teacher. At that age, a lot of teachers didn't like me because I was a huge outcast, but Ms. Watt always made me feel like I DESERVED to be treated with respect. I was in such shock that she passed away, and in my Facebook status I put "Holy shit, I can't believe my grade eight science teacher passed away." Here's what ensued:
Bree Mantha Holy shit, I can't believe my grade eight science teacher died.
7:04pm · Comment · LikeUnlike · Show Feedback (7)Hide Feedback (7) You like this.
Kaylynn Joly at 7:09pm March 16
Holy crap. Ms. Watt?
Yash Parmar at 7:25pm March 16
..........................................u gotta be kidding me
Annie Pandolfi at 7:27pm March 16
fuck seriously?
Wesley Burton at 7:32pm March 16
wow she was still pretty young.
Deven Kivioja at 7:46pm March 16
what? How?
Kaylynn Joly at 7:53pm March 16
Apparently she had cancer
Bree Mantha at 8:40pm March 16
I had no idea she had cancer... I also had no idea she was THAT young. Thirty-one. That's freaking sad. I wish I were closer so I could go to the vuneral. She was a great teacher, really fair.
Kiersten Rody Parr at 8:53pm March 16
Breanna- maybe you and your friends should be a little more respectful with your facebook comments about the passing of a beautiful woman before her time. I don't think swear words are appropriate at all when discussing something so tragic for a young family.

Meanwhile...

Kiersten Rody Parr can't believe the rudeness of some people, and realizes that her cousin still has a lot of growing up to do.
8:54pm · Comment · LikeUnlike · Show Feedback · Hide Feedback

What a rude bitch!! Okay, maybe I didn't need to say "holy shit," but what the hell? I'm nineteen years old. This is what young people do when they're shocked; they swear. I even said in my following comment how sad I considered it to be. If she wants to have her opinions, that's fine, but we're all clearly upset about it, and this is how we're dealing with it. It's not like we're saying "Huh, the bitch is dead." And if she really wanted badly to put her two cents in (which she has no right to do; she's not my mother) she could have PM'd me instead of blasting me on my Facebook. Just because I don't grieve the same way she does doesn't mean I'm wrong or disrespectful.
I'm sure she'll protest the funeral, considering it's a Catholic ceremony.
I wasn't that upset before when I first heard about Ms. Watt, but now I'm mad as hell - at my cousin.

Cowboy Breebop
Admin

Number of posts: 859
Registration date: 2008-12-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My asshat superior cousin needs to mind her own damn business.

Post  Jilpen on Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:14 am

Su bofetada.

Jilpen

Number of posts: 825
Registration date: 2009-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Breebop on Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:21 am

Uh... what?

Cowboy Breebop
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jilpen on Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:22 am

Smack her. She deserves it.

Jilpen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Breebop on Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:24 am

I totally would.
My mom just called me and was like "Who the fuck does Kiersten think she is?!"
You know, if she really does think it is "so tragic," doesn't she realize that myself and my friends, who were among her first students EVER, are affected by it? And considering we're all 88-89 babies, doesn't she realize that this is how we're going to react?

Cowboy Breebop
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jilpen on Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:28 am

Ugh, I hate my older cousins...so don't get me started. All I know is that there are some bitches in this world...and some are in our families...amd we don't have to take their shit just because of that. Basketball Play with her head.

Jilpen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Breebop on Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:40 am

They're the only ones on my mom's side whom I can't really stand.
They've always been the complete image of perfection - both beautiful, rich, smart, etc.
They made my sister feel bad all through high school and university for being overweight. Sorry if she's a bit big, but she's also a far less judgemental bitch than those two are! Now they give me shit for being too thin. Plus they always gave my sister crap for the way she dressed because it was too "out-there" but give me shit because I dress "sloppy" and "like a boy." They also went through this phase where they'd rag on me for not playing sports (and I DID, I was a hockey goalie for two years and danced competitively all through high school) and being "bitter and jealous" towards athletes (becaus THEY were athletes in high school). Also, because we were both in the Performing Arts music group in high school, they said we would get bad reputations as mosh-pit surfing drug addicts.
Everyone has a lot of opinions, I just don't get why they have to lecture others with said opinions. Why can't you keep it to yourself or in a private conversation?

Cowboy Breebop
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ava on Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:01 am

Wow, I can imagine how frustating that is. She's the one who has some growing up to do. Espeically after that comment she made on her own facebook about her cousin having growing up to do. People like that make me so mad.

Ava

Number of posts: 106

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Breebop on Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:13 am

Mm-hmm, her status change really sealed the deal for me. What does she honestly want to happen? People to comment and say "WTF did your cousin do?" Most people change their statuses because they want a reaction, but at thirty-one she should be beyond such silliness.

Cowboy Breebop
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top