IMDB's Next Top Model 3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any fellow vegetarians on the forum?

+10
BlackAmaranth_22
sweet_tyra_lesus
MikielJoe
Shaq
chloe
awkward_silences
Cowboy Breebop
Jonny-boy
Karasu
Killian-1
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Any fellow vegetarians on the forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any fellow vegetarians on the forum?

Post  Cowboy Breebop Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:27 am

I have respect for anyone who can commit to ANY dietery restriction. I mean, besides allergies. Though that's the only thing that stops me from diving into a big plate of crab legs.

But I feel uncomfortable when people try to make other people feel bad and/or stupid for eating a certain way.
Cowboy Breebop
Cowboy Breebop
Admin

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Any fellow vegetarians on the forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any fellow vegetarians on the forum?

Post  AdultCookies Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:29 am

i'm not allergic to anything, but i'm disgusted by seafood.
haven't eaten something that lived in the sea in...14 years. damn.
AdultCookies
AdultCookies
Admin

Number of posts : 1744

http://pankocholofresa.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Breebop Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:31 am

My roommates like fish. A lot. The smell drives me insane in the membrane.
My bunkmate Nicole's parents keep kosher so when she went away to school she started eating bacon. She said it's like sex.
Cowboy Breebop
Cowboy Breebop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:39 am

Well in nature animals kill eachother all the time. Humans are omnivores so that means we are built to eat animals; i'm not saying that its ok to go out and kill animals for fun, but people should be allowed to eat meat without peta in their faces saying "cows and chickens deserve to be free!!". Without us there woulden't be so many cows and they would've probably been killed off by some other predator.

and leather is not the same as fur, because with fur they just skin the animal and leave it to die while with leather they use its skin and its meat. I just wish they would stop using animals for unecessary things such as cosmetics,coats, and trophies. There are other ways of testing chemicals, i don't see the need to burn a rabbits eye to make sure some bimbo can look good at a club.

I also wish that they would stop factory farming and let cows,chickens and pigs live their life on a farm. It's messed up that chickens who lay eggs have to live in cramped cages all their life and forced to lay eggs everyday. If there were more farms, then that means more job opportunities for the unemployed. Not to mention its alot healthier to eat a chicken that wasn't injected with growth hormones

There's also no need for us to wear fur anymore because there are other ways of keeping warm. It's totally wrong what they do to those animals. Especially in china where they kill off animals like its nothing.

PS: amy's food is completely natural. and if thats not true for boca then i honestly don't care because it tastes good and its better than eating some dead carcus that was injected with chemicals and hormones.

I'm a vegetarian because i am sick of animals being treated like products rather than living creatures.
Karasu
Karasu

Number of posts : 936

Back to top Go down

Post  LucyInTheSky_08 Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:44 am

i agree with you on everything but the leather thing.
^.^
LucyInTheSky_08
LucyInTheSky_08

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:50 am

Well i'm not totally for leather, but its better than wasting the whole animal and throwing it in a pile to die.

and its impossible to avoid it, believe me i've tried
Karasu
Karasu

Back to top Go down

Post  MeLiSsA-RoSe Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 am

*rolls in meat* I wish I was a vegatarian.. Oh who am I kidding? I couldn't be one if I tried... Chicken Nuggets are my weakness! *bites turkey* Mad yum nawhahah
MeLiSsA-RoSe
MeLiSsA-RoSe

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post  ElectricJeraldoAcidTest Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:19 pm

Poultry is my weakness too! But that doesn't mean you can't cut out seafood and red meat in a safe and healthy manner! Luckily seafood makes me wanna hurl so that was easy to boot but even delicious red meat isn't that tough when you do it one at a time (no bacon, then no sausage, no ham, etc..). And if you're an aspiriing vegetarian I can DEFINETLY send you some video links to typical slaughterhouse methods and living conditions. It scared me straight into the arms of tofu all those years ago.
ElectricJeraldoAcidTest
ElectricJeraldoAcidTest

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Killian-1 Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:46 pm

ElectricJeraldoAcidTest wrote:Poultry is my weakness too! But that doesn't mean you can't cut out seafood and red meat in a safe and healthy manner! Luckily seafood makes me wanna hurl so that was easy to boot but even delicious red meat isn't that tough when you do it one at a time (no bacon, then no sausage, no ham, etc..). And if you're an aspiriing vegetarian I can DEFINETLY send you some video links to typical slaughterhouse methods and living conditions. It scared me straight into the arms of tofu all those years ago.

pale
Crying or Very sad
Sad

That sounds so traumatising, for real.
Killian-1
Killian-1

Number of posts : 440

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:48 pm

You would be suprised at all the fake chicken and fake beef they have out there and it actually tastes pretty good.
Karasu
Karasu

Back to top Go down

Post  AdultCookies Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:51 pm

jack in the crack's tacos are made with tofu or whatever, and they're delicious.
AdultCookies
AdultCookies
Admin

Number of posts : 1744

http://pankocholofresa.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Breebop Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:36 pm

Yeah, my roommate for next year/friend from the fifth grade Jenn and I made Tofacos (tofu tacos) and they tasted just like beef tacos, but less greasy!
If I WERE to vegeterian, which I still never would, I'd say my reasoning would be for my own personal health; i.e. I'm not fond of all the addatives in Canadian beef. I already try to limit my beef intake.
Cowboy Breebop
Cowboy Breebop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2