IMDB's Next Top Model 3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Have The Bored

4 posters

Go down

I Have The Bored Empty I Have The Bored

Post  CozyTombRez Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:53 am

I'm such a bum. i woke up at two thirty today. ick.
soooo yeah. im in a sort of sorority/social group thing that's unaffiliated and whatever, and last week we had a party in order to get more members, kinda like a pre-pledge party.
Now these parties can sometimes get a little wild, last semester we had a big half naked/makeout session at one that i was THANKFULLY not present for.

Here's why I'm pissed: At this party last week, my friend Nick met this girl Hannah and they really hit it off. Neither of them are in the group. They started kissing in the middle of a bunch of people (which was really unavoidable considering we were packing forty people in a tiny room.) At the time, most of us thought it was funny.

Then apparently at the next meeting which i was unable to attend, someone made the suggestion that they were uncomfortable and therefore HAnnah and Nick should both be Banned From All Parties. Which is what happened.
I know who's fault this is. We have a guy named Kevin as our secretary, and i love him to death, but he's kind of a power-hungry bitch, and our leader is in New York so i guess his rule is law now.

But i'm angry. We're meeting about it again in an hour because apparently a lot of people were upset by the decision, but he's such a control freak idk if we can change anything.
CozyTombRez
CozyTombRez

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

I Have The Bored Empty Re: I Have The Bored

Post  Cowboy Breebop Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:20 am

That's stupid. Shit like that (people making out at parties) happens all the time. That's why I like not being in a "social group" or anything like that. Groups are great for keeping people together and having a family-like bond, unfortunately when you can rule to "ban" someone from group parties it gets a little nasty.
Cowboy Breebop
Cowboy Breebop
Admin

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  CozyTombRez Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:25 am

yeah this is unprecedented. i don't know what his problem is, i think it's mostly because he doesn't like nick or hannah. and now he's saying that people need to put in their input before a decision is made, not after. Umm, hello? Half the group wasn't able to make it to that meeting. You don't make up a rule, make a judgement, and ban people without the whole group knowing about it, ESPECIALLY if you're only the freaking secretary.
CozyTombRez
CozyTombRez

Back to top Go down

Post  AdultCookies Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:25 am

kevin needs to be slapped silly.
maybe he's just jealous because nobody was making out with him.

i woke up drunk. that's never happened before.
AdultCookies
AdultCookies
Admin

Number of posts : 1744

http://pankocholofresa.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Breebop Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:44 am

It's a bit disturbing to see that people still enjoy acting like they're in high school long after they've started college. I thought the whole "power trip" thing got kinda left behind at graduation.
Cowboy Breebop
Cowboy Breebop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AdultCookies Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:47 am

mm i've found out that people act more like high school students when they're in college than when they're , you know, in high school.
AdultCookies
AdultCookies
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Breebop Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:50 am

Well while we're on the topic of stupid college students:
Dear Jess,
Why is it you own all your own plates, of all shapes and sizes, but you just HAVE to use mine to put your Squash on (which you eat pretty much every night)? It would be one thing if you washed dishes, but you don't. And do you know how hard it is to wash two-day-old squash off a plate when you don't have hot water in the apartment?
[/rant]
Eh. fuck it, I'm still mad.
Cowboy Breebop
Cowboy Breebop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AdultCookies Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:52 am

my "people from college are stupid" rant would take too long to write.
AdultCookies
AdultCookies
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CozyTombRez Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:04 am

okay well we're done with the meeting and we voted to let them back. barely.
it was Kevin and Christine being oversensitive twats about it, it was so upsetting my friend Lissa burst into tears and ran out and two people stormed out after her. honestly.
for being a highly liberal, carefree, and nonjudgmental group (most of us are either gay, bi, tran, or just plain weird) we behaved VERY narrow-minded. I'm surprised at the things some of my friends said and it just goes to show that people will surprise you with how mean they can be when confronted with someone they don't understand. Aghg. Fuck.
CozyTombRez
CozyTombRez

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Breebop Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:23 am

I know it's a terrible excuse, but when it's something so harmless as making out in front of others (yes, it can be annoying, but it's harmless) shuold this be brought up: NOBODY IS PERFECT. People got angry at me for throwing a shoe at one of my floormates, Hugo, because he kept calling me a hick. It wasn't even like I threw it while trying to hurt him. I just kinda playfully whacked him with it. People got angry because I was "comparing him to George Bush." Um... okay?
Oversensitive is DEFINITELY the right word to use here, Cozy. People need some perspective; they need to step back and realize how small something is in the grand scheme of things.
Cowboy Breebop
Cowboy Breebop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CozyTombRez Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:29 am

yeah i agree. lissa brought that point up several times about how WE shouldn't be judging anyone because we have the most awkward, uncomfortable parties known to man.
we had the same problem when we were debating who should be let in and who shouldn't last semester. The basic rule was, if ONE of the sisters is uncomfortable drinking around a person, they are FOR SURE not getting in.
Which was stupid because there are three people in the group who think the rule is: If you don't like them because you haven't tried to get to know them and don't care about anyone but your exclusive group of friends, you are allowed to pretend to be uncomfortable when really you're just conceited.
CozyTombRez
CozyTombRez

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Breebop Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:46 am

Sigh... stupid "rules." Again, that's why I"m glad I'm not in a sorority or exclusive group like that. It does look mighty fun (one of my roomies of next year is in a sorority) but the little "rules" like that are things I would have a hard time with. You get one person who's hungry for power or who just wants to act stuck up and it kind of ruins it for everyone. That's why I just call up my pals, have a few beer, and don't worry about making it a group. We call each other Super Friends. But we're not a group. Smile
Cowboy Breebop
Cowboy Breebop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CozyTombRez Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:54 am

yeah that's the whole reason i joined this group, it's not a real sorority. it's a joke. we're called the Sponges, we've only been around for 23 years, and the college is doing everything in its power to remove us (which they can't do since we're not an official group). We shouldn't have all these rules, but that's what happened. i guess it's not even about officialness or not, you get a big enough group of people together eventually it becomes a government.
CozyTombRez
CozyTombRez

Back to top Go down

Post  Killian-1 Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:56 pm

Kevin sounds like he can be nasty. Shocked

My group of friends can get really really bitchy sometimes too.

This guy they don't like broke his ankle and they thought it was pretty funny.

I told them they should be ashamed of themselves for doing that and they're mad at me for not joining them.

Apparently I'm "too nice for my own good". WTF is that supposed to mean? I can stand up for myself, unlike the rest of them who just mumble under their breath when somebody criticizes them.

I'm going to rant now.

I find it really annoying when my friends start making out with their girlfriends right in front of us when we're on a night out. I know that it's expected. See, my one friend thinks he's really kick ass and he talks about his girlfriend doing all sorts of stuff to him and he treats her like shit, as if she's a piece of meat. We were at a concert once and he wasn't allowed to go so he phoned her and started blaming her and demanded she walk to his house which is two hours away if you walk.

Some girls I know act really stupid just so guys will like them and it's really annoying because my best friend says that one of them is the smartest girl in her class.

FFS. To make this a lighter post, however...

sunny
Killian-1
Killian-1

Number of posts : 440

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down