IMDB's Next Top Model 3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PHOTOSHOOT #6

+2
AdultCookies
sweet_tyra_lesus
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

PHOTOSHOOT #6 - Page 2 Empty Re: PHOTOSHOOT #6

Post  Cowboy Breebop Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:04 am

He'll probably go anyway, but it's my favourite. Not my all-time, but none of these shots are THAT good. I think it goes to show what a little bit of TIME can do.
Cowboy Breebop
Cowboy Breebop
Admin

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  AdultCookies Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:07 am

nah time's overrated.
AdultCookies
AdultCookies
Admin

Number of posts : 1744

http://pankocholofresa.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CozyTombRez Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:31 am

Amaranth: Shiny! I agree that you've definitely got something new behind your eyes this week, but too much pout in the lips. you've managed to keep it very fashionable - I love the outfit, environment, and makeup, but it doesn't really register as obviously robotic. A little more stiffness in the limbs and back would have done it.

Jonny: I don't see model or robot in this pic, i'm not sure what i see. Over the weeks you have been restricting yourself to a certain bare, pale, au-natural look which is dragging you down. I wish you had worn some sort of outfit with some outlandish makeup, or had a more interesting background. You've got potential! Don't lose the magic.

Karasu: I love the pose! and environment, except for that mess behind your head. It's distracting and reminds me of your frame shot. I love your use of face paint, but your look needs more consistency. I think it would have been better to go with a tighter, plainer top rather than choose that jacket for its shinyness. I like your face, but be more careful when editing out red-eye because you've given yourself gray, smudgie pupils.

Lauren: I agree this is more futuristic than robotic, also a little alien-esque. The pose is amazing fashion-wise because it is compact yet accentuates every single thing you're wearing. This photo would be perfect with a little more neck, a straight-on expression, and less sadness and more fierceness behind the eyes.

Killian: Yay eyeballs! But yeah, the sweater was a bad choice. And wrapping one piece of tinfoil around your wrist doesn't make you a robot, so you should have sold it with the pose. Here's a tip: When posing on a chair, you have to sit in a way that you wouldn't normally sit. Resting your bum on the seat with one or more legs in the air, hanging off the side, balancing, whatever - just not normal sitting, otherwise it looks twice as boring and restrictive than it would if there was no chair at all. The cocked elbow is good, but we can't see it because of the angle. I like the hair and makeup, and the expression is good because you're finally using the potential of your face!

Chantal: I LOVE the dress. Pose, not so much. It's too straight and vertical. You've confused the stiffness of a robot for complete rigidity. It still has to be modelesque, so you should've done something with your legs. The brown makeup didn't do much for your face OR the robot theme, so why did you use it? I actually rather like your dinosaur idea, and the outfit is good, but pose - no. The eyes i love, because they seem dangerous. Need more neck!

Mikiel: Wow, i can tell you put a lot of work into this. The outfit is superbly robotic-couture. I wish there wasn't so much white in the background, it might be what's making this look a little incomplete. These are good eyes! They are intense and emotive, without being spacey-dreamy-cheesy. This would be more fashionable without the "fix me" but it's funny.

Amaranth
Mikiel
Karasu
Lauren
Killian
Jonny
Chantal

Last edited by CozyTombRez on Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:47 am; edited 3 times in total
CozyTombRez
CozyTombRez

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  AdultCookies Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:38 am

i like the gray smudginess
AdultCookies
AdultCookies
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Breebop Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:40 am

Hmmm, I just calculated the call-out orders in my head and unless Andy submits something it looks like Lauren may go...
I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't care if Jonny goes, but I REALLY like his picture. I know it may eff things up for you guys, but I'd feel stupid changing my vote for convenience's sake. If Lesus really wanted to he could just make the ultimate decision anyway.
Cowboy Breebop
Cowboy Breebop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CozyTombRez Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:46 am

what do you like about it though?
i mean i know you said it was creative, but i don't really think so because there's nothing in it except the chords, which is something ballard came up with, right?
tell us what you're seeing
CozyTombRez
CozyTombRez

Back to top Go down

Post  AdultCookies Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:47 am

for reals.
i don't think it'd be fair for lauren to be eliminated because of this picture.
her picture's not good, but it's not elimination worthy, imo.
AdultCookies
AdultCookies
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CozyTombRez Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:20 am

i re-evaluated some shots and switched my callout around a bit, according to improvement + photo quality.
CozyTombRez
CozyTombRez

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Breebop Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:21 pm

Here's what I love:
- The way his body is posed, it's robotic but it's not too literal.
- The way his face is aloof and a BIT vacant but not so much that it's dull.
- The styling; it looks like he's a Stepford Jonny, like someone programmed him.
- The set-up... not everything has to look like a crazy spaceship. I like that this is a sterile-looking environment. Overall, this picture creates the feeling like we're in a sci-fi movie. I see a story, and maybe that's just my crazy self, but I see something there. I mean, Chantal's picture is kind of a hot mess; she looks like she doesn't know what she's doing... Jonny knows what he's doing. Maybe it's not the greatest, but he has an idea of how his body looks. Chantal looks like she's in the middle of finding a pose. I am kind of glad that you see that too, Cozy. She's been magical these past few weeks but she's so Katy-Perry-hot-and-cold.
Oh man, Chantal is TOTALLY getting the Bree-edit.
Cowboy Breebop
Cowboy Breebop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Breebop Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:56 pm

Okay, I switched my call-out order around just a bit... well, barely, but I switched Amaranth and Jonny. Amaranth really DOES deserve this first-call-out, which she would have gotten anyway, but her picture has the least flaws out of anyone's.
This puts the order, with our four orders, as such:
Amaranth 5
Karasu 11
Mikiel 12
Killian 17
Jonny 21
Chantal 22
Lauren 24
I think it's interesting that we all seem to have a huuuuge variance in our lists, hence why the numbers are all so high.
I also don't get why Jonny is being blasted for not being "creative" with his outfit. I don't think creativity only means draping yourself in a bunch of crazy sheets and donning theatrical makeup. I like that he took a risk. I'll still defend his picture to the death, even though I know it's futile, and that if Andy submits his call-out order, Jonny will probably be doomed. But it was worth me trying!
Cowboy Breebop
Cowboy Breebop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AdultCookies Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:52 pm

what do you mean his pose is not literal? that's the most cliche thing someone could have done :/
he looks hella stiff and his arms are in an awkward position.
AdultCookies
AdultCookies
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CozyTombRez Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:42 pm

well, i admire that you can defend it with valid points, but you still haven't convinced me. haha. well, no i did pull him out of the very bottom of my list. i think chantal's photo is just bad, while jonny's at least he was TRYING something.

when you look at it, Killian's is worse than both of theirs, but he's shown VAST amounts of improvement, while both of them seem to be slipping.
CozyTombRez
CozyTombRez

Back to top Go down

Post  AdultCookies Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:44 pm

she hasn't convinced me either.
don't think she will.

i like killian's as a face shot, body's not good, face is.
the only reason why amaranth's not on the top of my list is because hers is more futuristic. if the theme had called for futuristic, i would have given her a one, fo sho.
AdultCookies
AdultCookies
Admin

Back to top Go down

PHOTOSHOOT #6 - Page 2 Empty my callout order!

Post  AndrewStern Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:07 am

these pictures are quite underwhelming. No

Amaranth- I love the pose EXCEPT for your arched leg- you should have crossed them so as not to give the appearance that your foot is slightly cut off. You are giving a fierce face, and I FEEL the robot in you! Best of the week hands down.

Jonny- Oh Jonny, Jonny, Jonny I have a long history of feeling underwhelmed with your photos and this week proves no exception. Its a YAWN- fest, your face looks dull and overall I feel like you just wanted to show off your underwear. I am not impressed with the effort that was seemingly thrown into this picture at all. While some of the other models have been progressing you have been back peddling since Week 1!

Karasu- Its edgy and unique. I like the pose, but the background appears to give you an awkward hat. Good effort this week, you have really stepped up your game and shown improvement through the weeks.

Lauren- You look a tad ill in this photo. Instead of looking like a robot you look like a sick alien. Your arms look like their just there, and your face is just so lifeless, overall there is nothing to this photo at all. Its sad because at one point you were one of my top picks to win. I know you can do better, pull that inner model from beneath that I saw in the beginning weeks!

Killian- Show some neck and I would say that it would be just good. Its not all there for me. I dont get that impression that your a robot. However, this is not one of the worst of the weeks, and is actually one of your best pictures to date.

Chantal- OH CHANTAL! This is disastrous you, like Lauren, look so sick! I like the pose and the scenery but that face! I think this is one of the worst, if not the worst, of the week! What I think (and hope) will save you is your consistency, you like Karasu, have a strong portfolio, this is just one bump in the road. Take this as a learning experience and for next week think about the ever so important face!

Mikiel- There's a model! Thank you, Mikiel for providing me with a great modelesque shot. You put so much effort into this, and it is appreciated whereas some of your fellow competitors have been falling, you have been rising, and it is apparent in this shot.

Callout Order
Amaranth
Mikiel
Karasu
Killian
Lauren
Chantal
Jonny (I placed him at the bottom because I just see no progression and his overall portfolio is weaker than Chantal's IMO)

Last edited by AndrewStern on Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total

AndrewStern

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  AdultCookies Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:16 am

Amaranth 6
Karasu 14
Mikiel 14
Killian 21
Jonny 28
Chantal 28
Lauren 29

so lauren's leaving?
personally, i don't think that's fair. her picture is not the worst, at all.
AdultCookies
AdultCookies
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Firebolt102890 Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:31 am

don't forget about me!!!!

Firebolt102890

Number of posts : 53

Back to top Go down

Post  AdultCookies Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:32 am

i know, i'm waiting for you to do a call out .
AdultCookies
AdultCookies
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Firebolt102890 Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:33 am

i'm putting my comments and call out together right now.

Firebolt102890

Back to top Go down

Post  AdultCookies Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:35 am

awesome.
AdultCookies
AdultCookies
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Firebolt102890 Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:04 am

Amaranth - Love this shot. The face, outfit, and pose all work really well! I have to admit, I haven't been as impressed with you as some of the other judges, but this is my favorite photo from you so far. Futuristic indeed

Jonny - I don't feel like you give us anything new every week. I feel like you never change your hair or anything for photos and we've seen this face before. Having the wires taped to you was a nice touch, but like some of the other judges have pointed out, the "robot" dance position of your arms isnt really creative. Over all, this photo just isn't interesting.

Karasu - Another great photo from you. Again, confession time, at the beginning, I thought you'd be an early-mid boot, but you are climbing up the ranks fast! That face is killer, I love the jacket (looks very future-y), and the pose and angle are awesome too.

Lauren - I have to admit, I'm pretty disappointed with this shot, face-wise. As always with your photos, the composition is very intriguing, and I also love the outfit (you look like you have green skin), but the face is nothing to write home about at all. We want to see week 2 Lauren again! Try concentrating on making sure your face is interesting in future shoots (no pun intended). You've already shown us you can do interesting poses (but still continue to do them).

Killian - The setting is interesting, but i'm not really getting the futuristic vibe from you and the face isn't really interesting.You're slowly improving, but too little and too late, I'm affraid. No offense, but I feel like the only reason you've made it this far is because others have dropped out or have been late. Frankly, this just isn't enough to redeem you in my opinion.

Chantal - Wow, I can't decide if I like this picture or not. You're face looks very modelesque, but theres just something about it that I don't like. Maybe your expression is too plasticy or something. Interesting contrast with the setting though. Its like you're a futuristic girl posing with ancient dinosaur bones. In closing, I think this is photo is solidly decent.

Mikiel - This is kind of an odd photo in my opinion. Its not bad, per se, but its kind of confusing. I feel like your costume kind of blends with the background decor too much. I don't really get the point of tilting your head either. I like the touch of standing on the DDR pad though. The face is so-so. Its an ok picture, but nothing to write home about.

Call out order

1. Karasu
2. Amaranth
3. Chantal
4. Lauren
5. Mikiel
6. Jonny
7. Killian

Last edited by Firebolt102890 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Firebolt102890

Back to top Go down

Post  AdultCookies Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:08 am

Amaranth 8
Karasu 15
Mikiel 19
Killian 28
chantal 31
lauren 33
Jonny 34

awesome!
AdultCookies
AdultCookies
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AdultCookies Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:10 am

i'm sorry bree, but you knew you were in the minority right? :/
AdultCookies
AdultCookies
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Breebop Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:25 am

I dont' really care. This is about Jonny, not me. No blow to my ego.
The fact is I had my opinion and didn't change it for anyone.
Cowboy Breebop
Cowboy Breebop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AdultCookies Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:35 am

i'm just glad someone wasn't unfairly eliminated :\
AdultCookies
AdultCookies
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Breebop Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:40 am

For the record, I'm not the ONLY one who called Lauren last.
I also happen to think that while she's given us some good shots, she doesn't show any signs of improvement... she can only really do goofy/smirky, or this sad face she appears to have adopted in the past three pictures. I'm not trying to start an argument obviously, because I think she and Jonny are actually neck-and-neck, but if she stinks again next week I get to be all "I told you so."
Cowboy Breebop
Cowboy Breebop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next