IMDB's Next Top Model 3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any fellow vegetarians on the forum?

+10
BlackAmaranth_22
sweet_tyra_lesus
MikielJoe
Shaq
chloe
awkward_silences
Cowboy Breebop
Jonny-boy
Karasu
Killian-1
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Any fellow vegetarians on the forum? Empty Any fellow vegetarians on the forum?

Post  Killian-1 Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:17 pm

Speak up if you are!

For you will get 10007678 cool points and a cyber hi five. Very Happy

But I'll just let you know though I'm not one of those pushy ZOMGYOUEATMEATEVILZ kind of vegetarians. So yeah. Smile
Killian-1
Killian-1

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Any fellow vegetarians on the forum? Empty Re: Any fellow vegetarians on the forum?

Post  Karasu Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:21 pm

I am!!!!!

but i'm a different kind because i don't have a problem with people eating animals, i just have a problem with factories and how the animals in there are treated.

I would be perfectly fine if people just hunted for their own food or if the animals were kept on a farm.
Karasu
Karasu

Number of posts : 936

Back to top Go down

Any fellow vegetarians on the forum? Empty Re: Any fellow vegetarians on the forum?

Post  Jonny-boy Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:37 pm

i tried to be a vegetarian before.

and though i agree with Alex that it's disgusting how animals are treated,

i'm just not a fucking rabbit.

also, hunting is fine when it's for food, but how someone can stuff an animal and hang it over their fireplace for decoration is just gross to me. it's like, let me get this straight, you had a good time hunting down an animal, you enjoyed shooting and killing it, and now you want to put it's stuffed corpse on your wall to let everyone know that you like to kill things. honestly, if these people didn't kill animals, i think they would wind up being serial killers. that's my 2 cents.
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Number of posts : 1303

http://www.myspace.com/standupmotherfucker

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:12 pm

Yeah but some people do that after they ate the meat, which is ok, although i could never do it. What i really can't stand are the people who hunt big animals(wolves,foxes,moose,bears) just to say they did it and then keep them as trophies.

Like that stupid hick sarah palin, who has 50 "trophies" in her living room and thinks its ok to hunt down wolves so there are more moose to eat
Karasu
Karasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Breebop Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:45 pm

Lucy is a veggie!!
Cowboy Breebop
Cowboy Breebop
Admin

Number of posts : 859

Back to top Go down

Post  awkward_silences Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:10 pm

My older brother's been a vegetarian for a few years now. It was funny, because at first, my dad and I made a bet as to how long it would be before my brother gave up.

Welllll... we both lost the bet. lol
awkward_silences
awkward_silences

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Breebop Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:03 am

Yeahh, I have respect for vegeterians because I could never have the self-discipline to give up meat. However I don't respect the kids who go veggie for a month because they're all like, "ME SO ALTERNATIVE!" but then they slowly creep back to eating meat - first they're like, "Well, I'm not only eating poultry." Then before you know it it's like, "McDonalds isn't meat anyway..."
Cowboy Breebop
Cowboy Breebop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chloe Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:39 am

I'm a vego too

chloe

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Killian-1 Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:24 am

Bree-lin' in the Years wrote:Yeahh, I have respect for vegeterians because I could never have the self-discipline to give up meat. However I don't respect the kids who go veggie for a month because they're all like, "ME SO ALTERNATIVE!" but then they slowly creep back to eating meat - first they're like, "Well, I'm not only eating poultry." Then before you know it it's like, "McDonalds isn't meat anyway..."

I know plenty of people like that. They do think they're awesome because of it but for me it was different because I just felt so sick of meat and I know how some animals are treated and abused and slaughtered and it just... repulsed me.

But yeah, people reckoned I'd just give but three months in I'm still rollin', bitches! Very Happy Plus, one of my good friends is veggie too so we help eachother out with stuff and it's mostly why we got to know one another in the first place. Smile

COMPLETELY COMPLETELY agree with the disagreement of hanging dead animal display cases. AND I reckon animals should be allowed to roam free. Tracking and shooting an animal purposely for sport or food when you have other options is just awful to me. It's a mockery of life is what it is.

And yay for Karasu, Lucy and Chloe! *five cool points and cyber hi five* I love you

Last edited by Killian-1 on Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Killian-1
Killian-1

Number of posts : 440

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaq Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:27 am

I'm not a real vegan, I mean, I don't like the "real meat" like turkey, steak, chicken, etc. So people assume I am. But I LOVR burgers, especially Baconators. Very Happy
I have a lot of vegan friends, though.
Shaq
Shaq

Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Post  MikielJoe Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:30 am

I'm a vegetarian! ^_^v
MikielJoe
MikielJoe

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2008-12-31

http://myspace.com/unwanted_heart

Back to top Go down

Post  sweet_tyra_lesus Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:06 am

im not

i love my meaty meat *drools*

although i dont really like steak or really tough meat, or meat straight off the bine or meat that is still bleeding haha
sweet_tyra_lesus
sweet_tyra_lesus
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2008-12-23

https://imdbntm3.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Any fellow vegetarians on the forum? Empty lets get this straight

Post  BlackAmaranth_22 Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:25 am

first of all vegan and vegetarian r two way different things. vegan's dnt eat meat, milk, or anything that comes from animals. vegetarians just dnt eat meat. very few r actually vegans and very few are vegetarians. the only rlly tru vegetarian i know is lucy. most people who say they r rlly r not. (saying in a none mean way).
BlackAmaranth_22
BlackAmaranth_22

Number of posts : 45

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaq Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:38 pm

well whatever. i thought it was just a shorter way of saying it, if you were talking to me. =/
Shaq
Shaq

Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:00 pm

Actually i only eat cheese, everything else is made from soy. So yeah i am a real vegetarian.

although i do eat salmon(i dont eat any other seafood) for protein and i make sure that its wild caught and not factory farmed
Karasu
Karasu

Back to top Go down

Post  MikielJoe Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:40 pm

I guess I'm a real vegetarian. I only eat cheese and drink milk. I could live without milk, but not cheese! If it weren't for cheese, I'd just call myself a vegan Very Happy
MikielJoe
MikielJoe

Back to top Go down

Post  LucyInTheSky_08 Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:21 am

amaranth i love you! Im so not used to using that name!
i would of responded to this thread earlier but it takes a lot of time to read this board cause people post so often
ok first, being vegetarian doesn't mean eating like a rabbit, it's actually pretty easy once you get the hang of it. I've been vegetarian for five years, and i will never go back to eating meat. you can basically make any meal possible, you can just make it without meat. or if you really like, you can have a meat substitute (which i rarely use seeing as it tastes like meat and that just grosses me out). The human body doesn't need meat to survive, that's why we're OMNIVORES... the human body needs PROTEIN to survive, and you can get protein from other things (nuts, beans, etc). what the human body cannot live without is fruits, veggies, and grains.
next, being vegan isn't only taking away all animal products in your meals, but it is taking away all animal products in EVERYTHING. shampoo, make up, hair products, clothing, shoes, jewelery, etc. no leather, no feathers, no silk, no wool, etc. not only is just that hard, but most of all make up is either animal tested or has animal products in it (fish scales for shimmer, extracts from sheep wool for waterproof, etc), or is processed using animal products. sugar is processed through something using animal bone. jello/ gelatin and glues/adhesives has either bone marrow or ground up animal bone in it. the plaster in the walls of a house have animal products in it, PAPER has animal products in it. almost every single article of clothing has animal products in it.
also with being vegan, it is believed you shouldn't buy anything from any company or business that uses animal products. none of your food can be made by the same company or manufacturers that handle meat, milk, eggs, butter, etc.
being vegan makes you VERY paranoid. you aren't supposed to do it cold turkey, you are supposed to do it slowly and over a long period of time. you slowly start substituting other things for milk (soy, or rice milk), cheese (tofu), and butter (oils, like olive oil). you start using make up not tested on animals, you stop buying stuff with leather, silk, feathers, fur, etc.
after trying and failing to be vegan (i tried cold turkey, BAD IDEA). I am now trying to do it VERY SLOWLY. I stopped using regular butter ( i use butter that isn't actually made of butter, it's made from olive oil and is 100% vegan) and i don't buy anything with leather, fur, silk, or feathers (didn't ever use leather or fur cause i believe it is VERY wrong)
hopefully i can actually keep this up and start adding on. its hard for me to eliminate milk (which is in EVERYTHING) because i kept getting weird reactions to soy milk, so i drank rice milk.

now i hope i didn't bore you all, but being vegan isn't even CLOSE to being vegetarian.
just be glad i didn't tell you WHY I want to be vegan, or why I am vegetarian. because that would be MUCH LONGER. plus i don't like preaching my beliefs on vegetarianism when most people will just get defensive and start telling me I'm wrong.
LucyInTheSky_08
LucyInTheSky_08

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:38 am

Yeah i hate when people describe all vegetarians as insane PETA followers who think animals should rule over humans.

I'm ok with us using animals for basic needs(wool,milk,eggs,cheese,leather); but why can't we do it in a humane way? Why cant animals be kept on a farm instead of a cramped cage in a factory?

Also i don't like fur because there are other ways to keep warm, we don't live in the 18th century where people killed animals to survive.
Karasu
Karasu

Back to top Go down

Post  MikielJoe Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:24 am

I'm confused here. Don't you have to kill an animal to make leather? If so, how can you support the manufacture of leather while being against fur?
MikielJoe
MikielJoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:01 am

Because with leather you use the whole animal and with fur they just skin them and then b_urn their bodies. I'm not totaly for leather, but it all comes back to the treating animals humanely argument. I think a lot of people are vegetarians because they are against factory farming.

I guess i am more of a "naturalist" (made up word Laughing ). I think everything should be done as natural as possible, meaning no growth hormones,no cages,no breeding,no using animals solely for their fur
Karasu
Karasu

Back to top Go down

Post  MikielJoe Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:53 pm

Okay. Thank you for clearing that for me!^^

Back to a less productive yet more positive note, I ate an organic veggie burrito today! It was delicious Very Happy
MikielJoe
MikielJoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasu Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:08 pm

Did you ever try amy's food? She makes the best vegetarian dishes and Boca makes the best veggie burgers lol
Karasu
Karasu

Back to top Go down

Post  LucyInTheSky_08 Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:07 am

boca's veggie burgers are factory crap falling off an assembly line
they're probably pumped with chemicals
leather is pretty much the same as fur... most of the time when they skin the animal they do it while the animals half alive cause they're too lazy to kill it all the way.
it's not like they usefully use the guts to make leather
think of how many shoes/coats/purses, etc use leather...
think of how many animals that is...
it's really no different.
it's not humane.
there is nothing humane about killing an animal for your own good when there are much easier alternatives
Im not vegetarian because i am against factory farming... I'm against factory farming because I'm a vegetarian.
If i needed to kill an animal to survive (danger, food, warmth, etc), i probably would. But I don't. and the thought of eating somethings muscle tissue, to eat something dead, it just grosses me out. plus think of how many people eat meat a day, how many animals are being wasted, and how many have to be killed just to feed people. If we didn't have the slaughterhouses slicing and dicing the animals to bitty bits while still breathing we probably wouldn't eat as much meat cause we'd have to work harder to get it.
It's like the slaughterhouses are mama bird and we're all just opening our mouths, shoving at each other, waiting for the dead worm to drop in. yummy....

and naturalist is a word...

(not to be a bitch or anything)
^.^
LucyInTheSky_08
LucyInTheSky_08

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Breebop Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:22 am

*eats chicken balls and chicken fried rice while reading*

Interesting.
Cowboy Breebop
Cowboy Breebop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AdultCookies Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:26 am

i like meat too much to be a vegetarian, and if i were, i'd be too lazy to be a vegan.
i have like major respect for people who don't eat meat.
AdultCookies
AdultCookies
Admin

Number of posts : 1744

http://pankocholofresa.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next