IMDB's Next Top Model 3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have you seen Yes Man?? Is it "appropriate" for an 11-year old kid?

5 posters

Go down

Have you seen Yes Man?? Is it "appropriate" for an 11-year old kid? Empty Have you seen Yes Man?? Is it "appropriate" for an 11-year old kid?

Post  younevergofullretard Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:56 pm

hey, i'm thinking of watching Yes Man with my lil bro, he's 11 years old. please be honest, is this film "appropriate" (gosh, i sound like an annoying conservative mom user on IMDb) for kids his age??

younevergofullretard

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Have you seen Yes Man?? Is it "appropriate" for an 11-year old kid? Empty Re: Have you seen Yes Man?? Is it "appropriate" for an 11-year old kid?

Post  younevergofullretard Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:16 pm

come awn, have none of you seen it? cyclops

younevergofullretard

Back to top Go down

Have you seen Yes Man?? Is it "appropriate" for an 11-year old kid? Empty Re: Have you seen Yes Man?? Is it "appropriate" for an 11-year old kid?

Post  Jilpen Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:22 pm

I actually haven' seen it...and I don't think I want to. I'll give you an answer anyway....MAYBE.
Jilpen
Jilpen

Number of posts : 825

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:48 pm

let your brother see it, it's actually pretty cute. nothing all the corrupting. i watch much, much, much worse when i was 11. and younger.
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2008-12-30

http://www.myspace.com/standupmotherfucker

Back to top Go down

Post  Killian-1 Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:02 pm

The movie isn't corrupting or inappropriate at all except for one scene.

There is a scene of sexual nature that is strange and very cringey.

That's something I'd watch out for.
Killian-1
Killian-1

Number of posts : 440

Back to top Go down

Post  younevergofullretard Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:35 pm

ahh, thanks guys.. killian, which scene is that? i read the parents guide on IMDb and it said there was something about a blowjob simulation scene or something like that. is that the scene or is it something worse?

younevergofullretard

Back to top Go down

Post  Killian-1 Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:38 pm

younevergofullretard wrote:ahh, thanks guys.. killian, which scene is that? i read the parents guide on IMDb and it said there was something about a blowjob simulation scene or something like that. is that the scene or is it something worse?

Yes, there is a blowjob simulation scene. It's between an elderly lady and Jim Carey's character. It got a lot of people stuck between amusement and... uncomfortable.

Last edited by Killian-1 on Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Killian-1
Killian-1

Number of posts : 440

Back to top Go down

Post  Jilpen Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:39 pm

A really good website for specific analysis of whether films are appropriate is this one: http://www.screenit.com/movies/2008/yes_man.html

I go there a lot to check up on film's content.
Jilpen
Jilpen

Number of posts : 825

Back to top Go down

Post  younevergofullretard Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:04 pm

ok, thanks, killian... good to know.. i'm not sure if my bro is ready to know of the existence of blowjobs.

and jilpen, thanks to you too, that looks like a great site. i will be sure to bookmark it! cheers! cheers

younevergofullretard

Back to top Go down

Post  CHEERS THEN Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:08 pm

it's not particularly useful but i find reading christian website reviews of music and movies really interesting, just to see how they interpret certain things i'd have considered innocent.
CHEERS THEN
CHEERS THEN

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonny-boy Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:17 pm

CHEERS THEN wrote:it's not particularly useful but i find reading christian website reviews of music and movies really interesting, just to see how they interpret certain things i'd have considered innocent.

Click to here to read from irresponsible parents who think it's the network's job to play kid-friendly shows round the clock so that they don't have to parent their children properly
Jonny-boy
Jonny-boy

Number of posts : 1303

http://www.myspace.com/standupmotherfucker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down