IMDB's Next Top Model 3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Makes Me Crack Up (INTM Cycle 1)

+8
awkward_silences
Hottamaletrain
AdultCookies
MikielJoe
Karasu
Cowboy Breebop
Killian-1
younevergofullretard
12 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

This Makes Me Crack Up (INTM Cycle 1) - Page 4 Empty Re: This Makes Me Crack Up (INTM Cycle 1)

Post  AdultCookies Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:40 am

watch her dance!
she's elegant!
AdultCookies
AdultCookies
Admin

Number of posts : 1744
Registration date : 2008-12-30

http://pankocholofresa.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

This Makes Me Crack Up (INTM Cycle 1) - Page 4 Empty Re: This Makes Me Crack Up (INTM Cycle 1)

Post  Avess Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:41 am

Lmao that's amazing! You should be in the fantastic four
Avess
Avess

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2009-01-18

http://www.myspace.com/babytap

Back to top Go down

Post  Hottamaletrain Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:43 am

I could see your story in fantastic four lol Turn a potential disability into a super power haha Or watchmen, maybe you can be in watchmen Very Happy
Hottamaletrain
Hottamaletrain

Number of posts : 976
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Killian-1 Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:47 am

Connan, I don't blame you because that's what we're associated with a lot. I'm not saying it doesn't happen anymore (trust me, it does) but it's a pretty bad stereotype that can get you a lot of hassle when you're abroad.

Bree, I didn't know how bad that was for you. Sad Don't you ever get worried that your muscles will just go all bad while you're dancing?

I didn't have anything majorly offputting medically growing up until we found out I had a mild form of epilepsy. Which was weird because people thought I had a learning disability up until then because of it. Shocked

GO BREE GO Very Happy:D
Killian-1
Killian-1

Number of posts : 440

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Breebop Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:51 am

Heyyy, I can win the "Fiercest Model With a Disability" Fiercee.
And thanks, Nigel, I've never been called "Elegant" before. I credit my hugenormously long neck.
I have another pic of my aerial, where you can KINDA see my face. Gosh, I was chubbier back then. I should scan my old student IDs so you can see how much of a chubbycakes boy-girl I was back then.
This Makes Me Crack Up (INTM Cycle 1) - Page 4 Aerial2
Cowboy Breebop
Cowboy Breebop
Admin

Number of posts : 859

Back to top Go down

Post  AdultCookies Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:52 am

i have ocd :/

i think i've called you elegant twice
once when i watched you dance, and right now.
AdultCookies
AdultCookies
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Killian-1 Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:53 am

Bree is a freakin' beast in that photo. Very Happy
Killian-1
Killian-1

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Breebop Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:55 am

by the way, you guys now all know the phone number for the Nancy Delmonte Academy of Dance. I should have specified that that's a screengrab from a commercial for when we did a workshop in the summer.

Killian, epiliepsy is often very misunderstood. There are varying degrees of it for sure. I'm actually not shocked that teachers thought you had an LD, because epilepsy is often confused for something else. My great Aunt Cleo, who recently passed away, was born epileptic, and would take spells and swallow her tongue and stuff. She was not allowed to go to school (it being the thirties and all) and was treated as if she were mentally slow, so she grew up with no mental faculties and essentially BEING mentally handicapped, even though she wasn't.

Also, my muscles sometimes give out (partly why I fractured my foot/ankle last year) if I'm not paying close enough attention, which is why I need to concentrate so hard. The easiest way to describe hypotonia to others is, if you pick up a pencil, your joints will naturally lock in the right places. I have to consciously place everything in the right position and hold it. It's tiring, but I've never known it any other way.

P.S. - YES, my dance studio is in a mall.
P.P.S. - YES, I used to dance in a place called South Porcupine.
Cowboy Breebop
Cowboy Breebop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Avess Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:03 am

Bree! You know what you remind me of, you look like you'd be out the film Ghost World <3
And I have a form of epilepsy, but we're still not sure what causes it, it's normally anxiety
I pass out and shake a bit, but the other week I did it in a cd shop and my friend thought I was messing about and she was laughing and she was gonna kick at me, lmao Sad

Bree you'd win fierce non-disabled model too you're that fierce, haha

I wish I could fly like you

!!

>: o
Avess
Avess

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2009-01-18

http://www.myspace.com/babytap

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Breebop Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:07 am

I don't have many acro pictures on my facebook, but I have a couple pictures of me in an elbow stance.
I do love taking my aerials (they're also called "flying cartwheels") or front-aerials (aka "flying walkovers). But they ARE dangerous, and sometimes I test myself too much. Right before my grad, I was doing acro tricks in the yard and did an aerial, but got scared and put my hands out. The pressure cracked my elbow!!
However, they're not as hard as they look. I'd just recommend you get training/advice from a professional in the field of dance/gymnastics/martial arts, because they're actually really fun to pull off when no one's paying attention.
Cowboy Breebop
Cowboy Breebop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Killian-1 Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:15 am

My form of epilepsy is Petit Mal (or absence seizures) and I have a spell where I just blank out and look very dazed (which was part of the reason why people thought I had a learning disability). And Bree you're right, epilepsy was extremely taboo for many years because it was unknown what it was and how it came about so if your child had epilepsy that child was considered 'improper'. So yeah. I feel bad for your Aunt Cleo, it must have been an awful experience growing up. Sad

And since when can Bree fly? Exclamation

Can she teach me?

What a Face
Killian-1
Killian-1

Back to top Go down

Post  AdultCookies Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:16 am

she flies like superman.
AdultCookies
AdultCookies
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hottamaletrain Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:18 am

I've only once met an epileptic person. In HS this kid next to me just fell out of his chair and started convulsing. The teacher didn't know what to do and just started shouting. It was definitely shocking.

I wish i was physically active. I'm so awkward doing anything physical lol I trip over my feet playing soccer, I run into people playing basketball, I even swing my arms too close to people's during volleyball.

Watever, I'm smart... at least that's what I say when I'm peeling myself off the floor lol
Hottamaletrain
Hottamaletrain

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Breebop Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:22 am

We miss Cleo very much. She was often frustrating because she couldn't do very much for herself, but her child-like innocence was always nice, she was never ever angry or rude.
"Flying" requires four basic things:
1. The ability to align yourself when you're upside down - that's all in the core. Practicing regular carthweels is the best way to learn this. If you do a flying cartwheel with your feet too in front of you or too behind you, you'll hurt yourself. A lot.
2. Good reflexes - if you fuck up, you put your arms out.
3. A lot of elevation - practice jumping. When most people go into aerials, they jump before they do it, to get some spring in their step.
4. The biggest thing - the ability to keep your legs AT LEAST NINETY DEGREES APART at all times. If you don't do this, you won't catch yourself with your legs. So stretch, stretch, stretch!
Cowboy Breebop
Cowboy Breebop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Breebop Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:26 am

And BTW,
I donj't fly like superman.
I fly like paper.
Don't get high though.
Cowboy Breebop
Cowboy Breebop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AdultCookies Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:29 am

i can do like three of those things.
i have awesome reflexes, i can keep my legs at a 120 degree angle, and i can do awesome cartwheels.
not so much with areal
AdultCookies
AdultCookies
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cowboy Breebop Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:30 am

With your injury I'd say don't try it. 'Cause if you break yoself, you can sue me for telling you to do it!!
Cowboy Breebop
Cowboy Breebop
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AdultCookies Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:34 am

pfft i didn't sue the doctors when i got the injury, i won't sue you
and yeah i won't try it yet

i keep getting better and better.
it used to hurt to keep my left leg completely straight.
now it's hella easy
AdultCookies
AdultCookies
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hottamaletrain Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:05 am

If a doctor messed you up, the first thing you should do is sue lol That's what the malpractice insurance is for JK!!! But seriously, I know lots of people that hate doctors, yet when they get seriously hurt (aka stabbed, or overdose) they're the first ones to say "Get me to a hospital!" Razz
Hottamaletrain
Hottamaletrain

Back to top Go down

Post  AdultCookies Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:10 am

i haven't been to a doctor ever since. that's why i don't believe in doctors.
i realized then that doctors don't exist.
but i wasn't injured because of a doctor.
i was injured, went to the hospital, right? here's how our conversation went
dr. dude "everything seems to be fine"
me "my leg hurts though. is it broken?"
dr. dude " well we checked the x rays and nothing seems wrong"
me "but i can't move it"
dr. dude "it probably hurts because you just fell, there's no need to worry. here's a wheelchair"

but something WAS wrong.
turns out the nerves on my left leg got all bunched up and messed up because i fell and that's what was hurting.
if they had sent me to therapy, everything would be fine right now. but i found out like a year later and it happened to be too late.
AdultCookies
AdultCookies
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hottamaletrain Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:16 am

Well that's just a bad doctor, not representative of all doctors. Some just don't have a good bedside manner and don't really want to deal with people; therefore they don't really listen to what you have to say. Don't let it sour you. Most people have the same complaint about doctors. They try to admit different people to med schools now, b/c they want to make sure you can interact with people, and actually give a damn about patients in general. It's no longer JUST about being "smart" like it used to.

Was that particular doctor and older doctor?
Hottamaletrain
Hottamaletrain

Back to top Go down

Post  AdultCookies Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:58 am

no he was young
AdultCookies
AdultCookies
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hottamaletrain Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:59 am

Hmmmm Just and asshole then
Hottamaletrain
Hottamaletrain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4